• Each group chooses it's own start date and competes for 8 weeks
• Prize pot is $1000 and will be split evenly between each contestant that has lost 6% or more of their start weight at the final video weigh-in (password is required to ensure contestants maintined the weight loss until the final weigh in)
• Contests run eight weeks with a goal for winners to lose 6% of their start weight
• Weigh-ins are done every Wednesday by midnight (can be done as soon as previous Sunday) from your scale at home using a smartphone. The first and last weigh-ins are submitted via video and require a password. The weigh-ins for weeks 2-7 can be a simple photo of your scale. Late weigh-ins will not count.
• Contestants that lose 6% or more of their start weight by midnight on the last day of the contest split the prize pot of $1000. Payments are mailed via check from Kathy Schick to be postmarked within 10 days of contest end, providing contestants have provided teh mailing information by the last date of the contest. $400 is retained by KSPT for services rendered.
• Weekly weigh-in updates are emailed from Kathy using contestant code names. Each group chooses a theme: super heroes, film stars, or musical artists and contestants choose a name from this category. Example: If your group has chosen film stars you migh compete as Ferris Bueller; If your group has chosen a super hero them a contestant might choose to compete as Batman or perhaps Luke Bryan if you've chosen a musical theme. This helps ensure privacy concerning people's weight.
• All contestants are required to sign a waiver and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE they submit a start weight. A weigh-in password will be sent to contestants after the weigh-in is recieved.
• Contest payment is made in one lump sum for the group on our website. Each group should make their own arrangements to split fees among themselves. The more prticipants the less each individual would need to pay, fee to Kathy Schick is one lump sum.
• Contestants are STRONGLY encouraged (but not forced) to journal their food intake and activity. Recommended apps: "Lose It", "My Fitness Pal", and "MyNetDiary". A dietitician is not provided for the contest. Dietary plans vary per contestant (Vegan, Weight Watchers Keto etc)., A dietitician is NOT provided for this contest. Tracking via a fitness app is very helpful and few find success without these valuable tools. Food intake will be crucial to your success.
My favorite thing about the Diet Bet contest is that everyone has a chance to win. I have run many "successful" contests in the past, but until we switched to a Diet Bet format there was a high drop out rate once contestants felt they wouldn't be able to place into first or second. With this contest: if you make the goal? You WILL win money- period. I won a weight loss contest at my local gym in 2009 and it gave me the motivation I needed to complete a 94 pound weight loss and become a personal traniner. Best of luck! -Kathy Schick
Small Business Diet Bet
I do Hereby consent to participate in a fitness class that will include weight training or cardiovascular exercise. I understand that the reaction of the lung, heart, and blood vessel system to exercise cannot always be predicted with accuracy. Because physical exercise can be strenuous and subject to the risk of serious injury (including but not limited to musculoskeletal injury, spinal injuries, abnormal blood vessel responses, and rare instances heart attack or death), it is urged that I obtain physical examination from a doctor before using any exercise equipment or participating in any physical activity. I agree that by participating in physical exercise or training activities, I do so entirely at my own risk. Any recommendations for changes in diet including the uses of food supplements, weight reduction and/or body building enhancement products are my responsibility and I should consult a physician before undergoing any dietary or supplement changes. I agree I am voluntarily participating in these activities and use of these facilities and premises and assume all risks of injury, illness or death. Kathy Schick is not responsible for any loss of my personal property. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge Kathy Schick and her assigns and agents from all claims, demands, damages, rights of action, and causes of action present and future therein.
If you choose to workout from home with a virtual or video format, you do so at your own risk and acknowledge that exercise carries a risk of injury, particulary if you have a history of health problems or any previous injuries. To the extent permitted by law, Kathy Schick Personal Training & Yoga and it's affiliates disclaim any and all liability in connection with the program of exercise, instructions, and advice given in class.
This waiver and release of liability includes without limitations, all injuries which may occur as a result of: a): my use of amenities and equipment at the fitness facility and your participation in any activity, class, program, personal training, supervision, or instruction b.) the sudden and unforeseen malfunctioning of any equipment c): our instruction, training, supervision, or dietary recommendations and d): your slipping and/or falling while on the premises, including adjacent sidewalks, the yard, and parking areas.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this “waiver and release” and fully understand that it is a release of liability. Therefore I for myself, my heirs, and my assigns release and discharge Kathy Schick from any and all claims or causes of action and i agree to voluntarily give up or waive any right that I may otherwise have to bring a legal action against Kathy Schick for personal injury or property damage. To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence .
If any portion of this release from liability shall be deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, then the remainder of this release from liability shall remain in full force and the offending provision or provisions severed here from.
By making this purchase, I acknowledge that I understand its content and that this release cannot be modified orally.